Dress Care 101: How To Keep Your Dresses Looking Great
1. Read the care label: Start by reading the care label on the dress. The label will provide specific instructions for the best way to care for the dress. Follow these instructions carefully to ensure that you do not damage the dress.
2. Separate colors: When washing the dress, separate it from other clothes by color. This will prevent the colors from bleeding onto each other and causing discoloration.
3. Wash in cold water: Use cold water when washing the dress to prevent shrinkage and damage to the fabric.
4. Use gentle detergent: Use a gentle detergent that is formulated for delicate fabrics. Avoid using bleach or other harsh chemicals that can damage the fabric.
5. Avoid the dryer: Hang the dress to dry or lay it flat to avoid shrinkage and damage from high heat. If you must use a dryer, use a low heat setting and remove the dress promptly to prevent wrinkles.
6. Iron on low heat: If the dress is wrinkled, iron it on a low heat setting. Be sure to use a pressing cloth to protect the fabric from direct heat.
7. Store properly: When storing the dress, hang it on a hanger or fold it neatly in a drawer. Avoid hanging it in direct sunlight or near heat sources, as this can cause fading and damage to the fabric.
By following these basic care instructions, you can help ensure that your dress stays looking its best for years to come.